- We provide funding and labor for library programs above what tax dollars support.
- We manage and staff book sales on the first and third Saturday of every month from 9AM to 1PM in the library's Annex Building.
- We host a Holiday Party for children every December.
- We encourage and support library staff with staff appreciation and in-service programs.
- We host an Annual Meeting and Silent Book and Gift Basket Auction each February.
- We publish an e-newsletter with a detailed description of each book sale and other Friends of the Library activities twice a month. To sign up contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Friends of the New Albany-Floyd County Public Library was founded in 1982. We have an active
membership of about 200. Our purpose is to:
- Be a liaison between the library management and the public
- Focus public attention on the library
- Stimulate use of the library's services
- New friends ... book lovers just like you.
- Voice in the decisions of the Friends.
- Opportunity to volunteer ... sorting and selling books, or working on other projects.
- A bargain, since membership dues are very affordable and tax deductible.
- A great sense of pride as you help our library and community!
Friends Answering Machine/Book Store 812-949-3739